Procedure for Intushoes shoes with bf Madeila sole
Intushoes are comfortable soft shoes that you can make yourself from the comfort of your home. In combination with the BF sole Madeila, their production is really easy. They can be made completely by hand, without hooves and without special tools or machines.
You can adapt them not only to your ideas (material, color, but also to your specific needs (higher instep, lower instep, higher thumb….).
To facilitate their production, it is possible to buy already prepared Intushoes templates, which have been modified just for these soles. So far, the Unihand cut is available, a variant of the U-neck. The templates are available in printed form together with written instructions. (detailed video tutorial for purchase soon)
The range of Intushoes cuts for Madeila soles will be gradually expanded.
How to choose a size
IDEAL SIZE = LEG LENGTH + EXCESSIVE COMFORTABLE
- Measure your leg
- put a ruler in front of the longest finger and behind the heel
- make a mark
- measure the distance between the marks. That’s the length of your leg.
Take measurements for the other leg as well. Lengths may vary.
Next, work with the measured length of the longer leg.
- Add an excess
The excess is an allowance that is added to the length of the foot to make the shoe comfortable to wear. By default, its size is around 1 cm. Otherwise, it’s about who likes it. The range 0.5 – 1.5 cm is absolutely fine.
- Choose your size.
(Table Interior space after sewing)
The value is given for the variant of the upper material beef split + lined pigskin. Take it as a guide, because it depends on the thickness of the selected material and the method of sewing.
|Sole size / Insole length in cm|
|37 / 24,4 – 38 / 25,4 – 39 / 25,8 – 40 / 26,4 – 41 / 27,1 You can print the outline of the insole in the sole description.|
Ex. Measured leg length 241mm, favorite oversize size 5mm. That’s a total of 246 .. The selected sole size of Madeila is therefore 38.
You can choose your own material for production, or you can use our offer of leather.
- upper material (goatskin, chrome-plated cowhide cut or smooth)
- lining material (pigskin lining, non-woven textile, cut goatskin)
- insole material (beef nubuck, pigskin lining – be careful thin)
Consumption for upper parts (main part, tongue, back strap):
1 pair (sizes 37, 38, 39) – goatskin 25-30 dm
2 pairs (sizes 37, 38, 39) – goatskin 40-50 dm
3 pairs (sizes 37, 38, 39) – goatskin 70 – 80 dm
For example: The picture shows a goatskin, which has an area of 40dm2. It covers 2 pairs. However, it is not always possible to use goatskin up to the edge, which is often of lower quality and therefore unusable for parts. So you better count on some reserve. The differences can be significant depending on the quality and workmanship of individual leathers.
Lining parts – pigskin: Approximately 20dm2 is enough for one pair.
Insole material (calculated for 1 pair): here
List of everything you need to make Intushoes with barefoot soles Madeila:
- TOP MATERIAL (eg goatskin, beef split, velor, nubuck, smooth beef)
- LINING MATERIAL (eg lining pigskin, textile)
- INSOLE MATERIAL (eg nubuck, pigskin)
- BAREFOOT SOLE MADEILA
- THREADS (preferably waxed 0.8-1mm 20-30m)
- GLANDS for shoelaces 16pcs
AUXILIARY MATERIAL AND TOOLS
- PENCIL- best lubricated (eg.Frixion)
- PUNCHING WASHER (eg. plastic cutting board, wooden block)
- RUBBER STICK or HAMMER
- PUNCH 1MM
- WIDE DOUBLE-SIDED ADHESIVE TAPE or SHOE ADHESIVE BASED ON ACETONE (eg VUKOLEP T11) + ACETON + BRUSH – for gluing the insole to the sole
- LEATHER ADHESIVE WITH LINING (it is also possible to use Vukolep T11 or other leather glue)
- ABRASIVE PAPER – for roughening the insole, if necessary, and for sanding markings from the sole (roughness 60 and below) or HAND GRINDING MACHINE with grinding wheel
- 2 NEEDLES (suitable saddlery with blunt tip)
- PLIERS (any, only for occasional help with sewing)
- GLAND SPREADER (or other product for applying bushings)
- PUNCHING PLIERS FOR HOLES FOR GLANDS OR PUNCH 4-5MM (or the hole can be made with bushings)